Thursday, June 30, 2011

250 Boxwood Rabbit

250 Boxwood Rabbit Bead
Object: Rabbit bead made from boxwood

Acquired: May 2011

From: The Bead and Button Show, Milwaukee

Cost: $10

Notes: There's a name for these, hang on...ojime, that's what they are called--or rather, what they are inspired by.  I like that they are tiny, pretty, carved sculptures.  And now that I have both a dragon and a rabbit, all I need is a turtle, and my obsessions are filled.

My sister came with mom and I to the bead show this year, and the two of us went around together.  We found two other booths selling ojime beads, both of which were more expensive.  One of them, however, had X-rated ojime beads.  Like, penises and women in dirty positions.  We left that booth quickly.  What would you even DO with a bead like that? I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment