Tuesday, June 28, 2011

247 Quartz Point

247 Quartz Point
Object: Large quartz point

Acquired: 2009

From: Gift shop in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Cost: $5

Notes: While my sea-rocks worked just fine, I'd once had the pleasure of seeing someone use a quartz point for their night hike glow.  The clarity of the rock made all the difference and I was thenceforth determined to get myself one.  but quarts points are really expensive, and my local rock store had all the ones of good size listed as $20 or more.  So I put my desire on the back burner, until I was on a vacation of sorts with my ex in the Upper Peninsula.  Were stopped at one last tourist trap--a high railroad bridge over a stream they'd used for transporting lumber--and there I unexpectedly found a quartz point that was both large and cheap.

Apparently the UP is where you ought to get all of your minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment